I have worked for a national animal charity as a volunteer Dog Socialiser, for a significant period of time, so I am experienced handling a wide range of breeds, with a range of issues.
I have worked at a local Dog Training Club for 3 and a half years, first as a Trainee and then I qualified, under that club’s training scheme, as a Dog Training Instructor, in April 2015.
I am also a qualified (P.G.C.E.A- Post Graduate Certificate in the Education of Adults, University of Surrey, 1997) teacher.
I am currently working towards my KCAI award (Kennel Club Accredited Instructor).
I am also a certificated, up to date, Canine First Aider.
- We are fully insured by PetPlan
- We are licensed by the local authority.
- We are fully equipped – beds, bowls, bedding, toys, vet-approved dog first aid kit – it is all here.
- Our van is specially converted for the safe and comfortable transportation of dogs (including Crate Fans).
- We run a comprehensive Familiarization Session with your dog and our resident dogs, to ensure that your dog is suitable for home boarding and that everyone has a safe, happy and relaxing time at The Bow House. Please be wary of establishments who do not insist on a ‘familiarization’, ‘assessment’ or trial, before your dog’s stay. Your dog’s safety and happiness is too important to be left to chance!
- Our methods: We only support kind training methods, which encourage your dog to want to please. We do not crate dogs during the day, ever, unless it is to your requirements, such as nap time, post breakfast and dinner for large breed dogs, to help their digestion.
- We do not leave dogs in our care unsupervised. Ever.